Varicose veins treatment is one of the common treatments between both sexes, men and women, which makes the feet and legs look bad and the problem worsening leads to serious health problems such as clots and bleeding.
- Turk Aesthetic talks about the varicose veins problem in detail in this article.
- Read about thigh slimming too.
What are Varicose Veins?
They are blue, violet or red veins that appear on the legs, feet that appear large and prominent, or in the form of bristles that affect as a result negatively on the beauty of the area.
- Genetics factor.
- Hormonal changes.
- Bad habits, such as sitting or standing for a long time.
- Pregnancy in women.
- Excess weight on the legs.
Varicose Veins Treatment
- Surgical treatment
Surgery is the best solution to treat varicose veins in advanced cases when severe pain or internal bleeding occurs.
But not all patients who have heart problems are candidates for this surgery.
In general, only the doctor can get the final decision in the possibility of undergoing this surgery or not.
General or local anesthesia is used in some cases, and the patient should stay in the hospital for a few days until recovery.
A topical anesthetic is used before the laser session. A laser is complementary to the varicose veins treatment by injection without the need for surgery by shedding a sharp and robust beam on the affected area.
A laser can also be independently relied upon without being complementary to injection therapy.
It is the latest technique to remove varicose veins. It works by the injection of materials that harden veins. Then a compression ligament is used to help assembly and adhesion of varicose veins so fade and disappear permanently.
Surgical technique and laser technique have similar steps and recommendations.
The surgery steps are as follows:
- Prepare the patient by cleaning and sterilizing the treated area and wearing customized clothes.
- Identify the affected veins; it is done by asking the patient to stand up for a period until the varicose veins appear clearly.
- Sonar and Doppler can be used to locate varicose veins more accurately.
Recommendations before operation
- The patient should conduct lab tests and X-rays.
- Inform the doctor about the medical history of the family.
- Inform the doctor about health problems, if any.
- Do not eat six hours before the operation.
Recommendations after operation
- The patient must walk and move immediately after the operation.
- Change the bandages continuously.
- Avoid standing or sitting for long periods.
- Avoid wearing uncomfortable or high heel shoes.
- Wear compression socks or a rubber corset.
After varicose veins treatment, Do not be worried if you feel the following complications, which are incidental.
- Pain after the operation is common, and this problem is overcome with painkillers.
- Swelling or bruising that goes away after a short period.
- Loss of sensitivity in the treated area.
Risks of varicose veins treatment
Choosing the right doctor. However, when undergoing treatment, the following risks can be expected:
- Infection caused by using non-sterile substances.
- Nerve damage that happens when the injections are done in the wrong way.
- Scars that happen when surgical incisions are done in the wrong way.
- Superficial ulcerations that happen when the wound is not taken care of correctly and suitable.
The cost of varicose veins treatment in Turkey
- According to the type of treatment, varicose veins treatment cost varies. The cost of this surgery is not covered by health insurance in some countries.
- The cost of surgery, which is one of the most valuable options we mentioned, ranges from $ 1500 to $ 2500.
- While the treatment by laser costs around $ 500 per session.
- Injections are the preferred, least expensive, and most modern option for varicose veins treatment, one session costs about $ 300.