Chemical peeling in Turkey is one of the most popular cosmetic and non-surgical solutions that help treat acne scars and treat signs of minor wrinkles and dark spots that appear in different areas of the body far from plastic surgery and complex surgeries.
So, instead of performing surgery on one area of the body, chemical peels are applied to the face, hands, neck and all parts of the body.
Before doing anything, we will provide everything related to chemical peeling and identify the benefits of chemical peeling and its steps in order to improve the face and skin, and this ensures good results without damage
Chemical Peeling in Turkey
It is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure, used to improve the appearance of the skin in general and eliminate wrinkles, as it works to exfoliate the outer layers of the skin and rejuvenate skin cells by applying a combination of several chemicals and acids to the area to be peeled and in varying degrees and for a certain period that the doctor determines and after They are removed and the skin begins to peel itself.
In this procedure, we do not need full anesthesia except in one case. For chemical peeling, it is necessary to treat several skin problems and defects, for example:
- Treatment of signs and effects of acne and scars
- Get rid of dark spots and dark circles.
- Treating minor and medium wrinkles.
- Helps in unifying skin tone.
- Treatment of sun damage caused by it.
- Get rid of freckles, melasma, dry skin and large pores
- Treating swollen and sagging skin.
Candidates for the procedure
Anyone who has good health and does not have any skin infections or chronic skin diseases can perform chemical peeling, so it is preferred for those who have light skin, as it makes the skin color light, so it is recommended for people with dark skin who want to maintain this color to do peeling surface only.
In addition to the plastic surgeon’s determination of the extent of the skin’s tolerance of the materials that are used on it, as these materials may not be suitable for people with sensitive skin or thin skin, and there are also some people whose skin does not respond well to chemical peeling.
Chemical Peeling in Turkey – Process Types
There are three types of chemical peeling for the skin, as each type needs specific chemicals that are used to:
To do the necessary peeling, and also for each type of specific purpose is different from the other, so we must know that not all skin types are suitable for using any type of chemical peeling, in addition to the skin’s response to peeling, which varies from person to person.
The types of peeling are divided into:
- Superficial peeling. From its name, this type is the simplest and easiest type to be used and the most common. This type is suitable for all skin types and colors, and we can use it as a chemical peeling for the body, as this type peels the surface layer of the skin without overlapping and penetration of the chemical into the deep layers of the skin, where acid is used Glycolic or dry ice substance in the procedure. This type of peeling is used in order to treat the effects of pimples and minor scars that are not deep in the skin. It is also used to lighten the skin, get rid of its impurities, and we can also use it as a chemical exfoliator for the hands. One of its advantages is that it does not need a local anesthetic because it does not cause pain, in addition to the fact that its recovery period is one day, and after that the person can return to a normal life without worry. For sessions, a person needs 3 to 6 sessions in order to obtain the desired results.
- Medium peeling. This type is a little deeper than superficial peeling, so it is used to eliminate minor wrinkles in the skin and the signs and effects of many deep grains. Trichloroacetic acid is used for medium peeling. This type of peeling needs a simple local anesthesia using an anesthetic cream because it causes some pain, and the recovery period lasts between five days to a week, after which the person can return to normal life and also the person needs three sessions of medium chemical peeling, according to his condition and the problem he suffers from .
- Deep peeling: This type of peeling penetrates deep into the skin tones, so it is used to eliminate medium and deep wrinkles, and this type is not suitable for people with dark skin, because it does not work to lighten the skin color. In this type, the person will need a sedative or a general anesthetic, because this procedure will take a long period of up to two hours, depending on the area of the area to be peeled, carbolic acid is used in this type of peeling, and it is a toxic substance so it must be used very carefully. In this type, the person needs to stay for several days in the hospital after performing the peeling procedure in order to follow up on his condition, and the recovery period is between two weeks to a month, where the final results appear after about a month and a half to two months, and then the person can return to work and normal life after at least two weeks of treatment. Peeling procedure. This type is not suitable for chemical peeling of the body.
Chemical Peeling in Turkey – Methods
Chemical peels are done for all parts of the body, but not all types of chemical peels are suitable for the skin and for all areas of the body, so we will review the parts of the body that we can do chemical peeling for and the type of peeling that will be used on them:
01- Chemical peeling of the face
It is appropriate to use all types of chemical peels for the face area, depending on the problem being treated, if the problem is superficial, such as superficial and non-deep acne scars or because of the presence of minor impurities and to lighten the skin color, where superficial peeling is used.
While if the problem is related to dark circles around the eyes and the presence of light wrinkles around the eyes or mouth, or the effects of severe acne, then medium peeling will be used, and deep peeling will be used in cases of deep wrinkles.
02- Chemical peeling of the hands
This type is suitable for the area of the hands, as the superficial peeling contributes to lightening the color of the hands and removing stains, and also the use of medium peeling in order to remove small and medium wrinkles from the hands.
03- Chemical peeling of the body
This is not suitable for all areas of the body, except for superficial peeling only. Medium and deep peeling may cause damage to the skin in different areas of the body.
04- Chemical peeling and pigmentation
Chemical peeling is one of the best solutions to remove facial pigmentation. As the most important reasons for the appearance of pigmentation is exposure to the sun for long periods and the use of cheap cosmetics and not guaranteed health.
Chemical Peeling in Turkey steps
The steps of chemical peels are similar for all types, but they differ in the duration of the procedure and the presence of anesthesia or not, so we will present the steps of chemical peels in detail:
- Preparation for the operation: It is a step common to all types of peeling, where the face is cleaned well with water and medical soap and sterilized in order to avoid the risk of infection.
- Anesthesia: For superficial peeling, there is no need for anesthesia at all, while for medium peeling, it needs to give the person a sedative and analgesic before the operation, and while deep peeling is done by anesthetizing the person completely before the operation, in order to avoid feeling pain.
- Implementation of the procedure: In the case of superficial peeling, the chemical will be distributed on the face or on the area to be peeled using gauze or a brush, and it will be during one stage, after which it is left for several minutes on the skin. While in the case of medium peeling, it takes place in several stages so that the material used is distributed over a part of the skin, and the step is repeated with another part, where the material used is left for a longer period of time than the superficial peeling until it enters and penetrates deeper into the skin, while in the case of deep peeling, the material that was used will be placed In very small quantities on small parts of the skin and left for fifteen minutes, then the substance is placed on another part and so on, as this method takes longer than the previous two methods, according to the area of the place that must be peeled, and this type is not suitable for use as a chemical exfoliator for the hands or the body However, it is suitable as a chemical exfoliator for the face only.
Chemical Peeling Effects
The technique of chemical peeling has developed, especially for those who have skin problems and their condition does not require surgery or other cosmetic procedures.
Where the initial results begin to appear after the second session of peeling
While the final results appear after two months and a maximum of four months.
Where chemical peels work to renew skin cells, and the appearance of its clear results by removing spots, marks and traces of scars, acne and wrinkles.
Chemical peel Benefits
Features that make chemical peeling a preferred option. she :
- Non-surgical procedure
- No need for general anesthesia, except in the case of deep peeling.
- As for the recovery period, it is short.
- The wonderful results, so it gives gloss and luster to the skin, unifying the skin color and lightening it.
- Its low costs compared to surgical operations that are specialized for the same purpose.
Chemical peeling is a very safe procedure, as it does not involve surgery or anesthesia in most cases, but there are some complications that may occur due to:
The lack of experience and insufficient skill of the treating physician, because the skin could not accept the chemical well, the lack of sterilization of the tools used, and the person’s failure to take proper care of his skin after peeling.
- Notice the appearance of pigment spots on the skin that do not go away.
- The emergence of a viral infection.
- Burns and skin deformities often occur when using medium or deep peeling.
- Poisoning occurs when a large amount of carbolic acid is used when doing chemical peeling.
Chemical peeling before and after
The plastic surgeon will follow specific instructions several weeks before performing the chemical peel process, so that the skin is completely prepared for the process and to obtain the best desired results. Therefore, a number of instructions must be followed carefully to preserve the skin:
- Using a medical cream, lotion or moisturizer to be applied to the area to be peeled daily for a period of two weeks before performing the procedure.
- Do not remove hair or shave it from the area that must be peeled for a period of two weeks.
- Preventing the use of cosmetics and perfumes on the day of the peeling session.
- Do not use masks or exfoliating sponges about two weeks before the session.
- Stay away from bad habits such as staying up late, smoking and drinking alcohol before the peeling session.
After a chemical peel
After chemical peeling, side effects may occur that are not at all alarming. They are normal symptoms and soon disappear when you adhere to the doctor’s instructions, including:
- Feeling of pain: especially in the medium and deep peeling, because they cause some pain, and the doctor prescribes painkillers to overcome this symptom.
- Redness and swelling of the skin: This is a normal symptom due to the effect of the chemical on the skin, and it will be overcome by using the ointments prescribed by the doctor and taking care of the skin in the right way.
- Feeling of heat in the area that has been peeled: it disappears gradually without using treatment
Tips after a chemical peel
Tips and instructions that must be adhered to after chemical peeling in order to maintain healthy skin:
- It is important not to be directly exposed to the sun, after the peeling session, and to use a sunscreen that the doctor prescribes to protect from the sun’s rays.
- Commitment not to use cosmetics for a period of not less than one week after peeling.
- Regularly use the ointments and creams prescribed by the doctor and inform the doctor of any abnormal condition that occurs on the skin.
- When performing a deep peeling, the doctor will prescribe an antibiotic in order to avoid infection and speed recovery.
- Take care of the skin and clean it well with warm water and special soap.
Of course, there are several cosmetic methods that are used as alternatives to chemical peels, as chemical peels are not suitable for all people, and also may not give satisfactory results for people, so laser skin peeling and crystal peeling are among the most important known alternatives to chemical peeling, in addition to filler and Botox injections to hide the signs and effects of wrinkles. .
Cost of Chemical Peeling in Turkey
Chemical peeling is not an expensive cosmetic procedure. Superficial peeling is considered the least expensive among its types, after which comes the medium peel, and for the most expensive it is deep peeling, in addition to anesthesia and the cost of staying in the hospital for several days after the procedure.
The cost of chemical peels in Arab countries such as Egypt ranges between 300 to 1000 US dollars, while in Turkey it is estimated at about 350 US dollars, and its cost in Italy is about 160 US dollars, and in Britain it costs 100 US dollars.
In Turkey, the rate of chemical peeling ranges between 100 and 300 dollars.