Test tube baby will be explained by Turk Aesthetic and also explains to you all the information related to the operation.
The success rate of this procedure, failure reasons of the Tube Baby operation, how many attempts can be made in case of failure, the factors that aid the success of the procedure, a detailed explanation about the procedure, and the reasons for resorting to it.
When do we resort to a test tube baby operation?
In natural conditions, pregnancy occurs by meeting a male sperm with a female egg in the fallopian tube. Any damage in sperm, egg, or fallopian tube causes an incomplete pregnancy, So what are the odds?
- The sperm number is less than ten million or has weak movement, which makes its access to the uterus difficult.
- The female egg is not intact.
- Blockage of the fallopian tube, so that the sperm cannot meet with the egg.
- Enucleation of fallopian tubes, therefore, fertilization becomes impossible.
- Ovary calcification in women. (source of egg production).
- The age of women and the inability to get pregnant naturally.
When one of these problems occurs, doctors may resort to the tube baby procedure.
Test tube baby procedure method
- Before the procedure, the blood test of both spouses will be done, then the strength and speed of the sperm in the man will also be examined in addition to the safety of the fallopian tubes and uterus in women.
- The ovary is stimulated to produce eggs and then monitored by the ultrasound. Depending on the tests’ results the possibility of performing the procedure is decided.
- At the beginning of the procedure, the women patient will be fully anesthetized. Then an appropriate egg will be removed from the ovary through a simple surgery. If a suitable egg is not found, the fertilization procedure will be postponeded for a month to stimulate the ovaries and have the best egg.
- Sperm will be taken from the man by ejaculation or through a device if he is unable to ejaculate.
- On average, about 100,000 sperm should be available for each egg. After that, fertilization will be carried out between the egg and sperm through a dedicated tube (hence the name of the tube child – tubular fertilization).
- The egg will be kept in an incubator, an environment similar to a woman’s body, where it will be stimulated to divide. Then it will be returned to the uterus five days after the procedure.
- Doctors usually take more than one egg (for example, six eggs may be stimulated at the same time) and take the most appropriate one.
- On the fifth day, the egg (fetus) will be returned to the uterus through a tube that passes through the cervix into the cavity to stabilize the pregnancy.
- After that, the woman will take pregnancy stabilizer medication and hormones such as Progestin (Progestin hormone) in addition to avoid the physical effort, take adequate and healthy food. She will visit the doctor after two weeks to ensure pregnancy continuity and its success.
What are the success signs of the tube baby test
The success rate of this procedure ranges from 40% to 60%. It depends on some factors like the reasons that prevent the pregnancy, the used technique for ovulation, and also the response of the woman’s body to the tube baby operation.
Sometimes the number of fertilized eggs that will be transferred to the uterus after the fifth day plays a role in the outcome, but it is not recommended to transfer more than three embryos to avoid repeated abortion.
Recently, there is a tendency to transfer only one egg. The uterine wall thickening also plays a role in the returned egg adhesion, thus the success of the procedure.
Finally, the doctor’s ingenuity helps in the success of the tube baby process in addition to the medical center reputation, and the results of the successful operations conducted by the medical center, Here are some of the indicators that can be used to indicate the initial success of the procedure:
- After the first week of the procedure, if you notice bleeding from the vagina, it indicates that the operation has failed.
- If no bleeding is observed, it is a positive sign of success.
- Blood test (BHC) on day 11 after the retrieval of the fertilized egg to the uterus if the result exceeds 50 is an indicator of success.
- Symptoms as abdominal pain.
- Headache, insomnia, and general fatigue after two weeks of the procedure are symptoms of successful operation.
Then you can wait for the ninth month to have a successful delivery.
How many attempts can be made if the operation fails?
There is no limited number of repetitions. It depends on the psychological state of the couple when the procedure fails.
In addition to the woman’s health status in the event of sudden complications, such as the occurrence of polycystic ovaries due to increased ovarian stimulation, response to stimulants, and the financial condition must take into consideration because this treatment is relatively expensive.
Preparation before a baby tube operation (Turk Aesthetic)
The appropriate protocol is selected after clinical examination through the ultrasound device to ensure that the ovaries and uterus are ready.
Furthermore, you will take a comprehensive blood test to check if there is any hormone imbalance.
It would be best if the woman tries to lose weight before this procedure because being overweighted effects negatively on the procedure.
Your doctor will check for:
- Endometrial case if it is thick or thin.
- Uterine fibers.
- All congenital malformations may play a negative role in fetal development.
The preparation of the procedure does not depend only on the woman but also on the husband. The semen must be examined and given the necessary medications when needed.
Therefore, it is required that the husband stops having sex for three days. Then the number, movement, and color of the semen are examined.
The semen is examined after half an hour of giving it (half an hour to turn the liquid from the viscosity to liquidity. If the thickness does not go away after half an hour, it means that the viscosity degree is high, which slows the sperm movement and hinders the egg arrival through the fallopian tube.
Sperm motility is divided into four types:
- Fast forward.
- Fast circuitous.
- Slow ahead.
- Slow circuitous.
Both types 1 and 2 must make up at least 30% of the total sperm to be fertilized or conceived.
The normal sperm count ranges from 20 to 300 million per mm. Finally, psychological support plays a significant role in the success of the process because pressure leads to the occurrence of biological changes in the body from different hormonal secretions that prevent pregnancy.
Other tips for the preoperative (Turk Aesthetic)
- It is recommended to use vitamins and supplements (zinc – iron-folic), do physical exercise, and walk. These will help to stimulate blood circulation and lose weight.
- Stay away from junk food because it contains preservatives and harmful (canned also) and eat healthy and fresh food only.
- Stay away from soft drinks and chips because they contain harmful pigments.
- Drink a lot of water.
- It is not recommended to have sexual intercourse two weeks before the operation.
- Stay away from sauna and jacuzzi (excessive heat on the body adversely affect pregnancy).
- Inform the doctor of the medications used in case they are found to interfere with pregnancy stabilizers.
- Stay away from smoking, alcohol, and excessive use of stimulants.
Often comes to mind as a result of the tube baby operation, do you deliver a healthy baby?
Both Medicine and scientific research in this field has not established any relationship between congenital malformation and the tube baby. It is a safe procedure and gives the results of natural pregnancies, of course, taking into consideration all the instructions that all pregnant women must adhere to regardless of the method of pregnancy.
What is the difference between the test tube baby procedure and IVF?
In the case of artificial insemination, the semen is treated, cleaned of impurities, and treated the sperm concentration, nourished, and activated to be more productive and then injected into the womb with the need to stimulate the ovaries in the wife during this procedure.
IVF is recommended in one of the following cases:
- If the sperm count in men is less than twenty million per mm.
- If the sperm count in men is more than twenty million, but their movements are weak.
- The viscosity of the liquid is high.
- Polycystic ovaries or a hormonal disorder.
- High vaginal acidity.
- In the case the couple desire to determine the child sex, it has become possible to apply and succeed by 85%.
IVF does not help to have pregnancy when:
- There is no possibility for the ejaculation naturally.
- The number of sperm is less than 5 million per mm.
- Lack of sperm motility.
- Fallopian tube obstruction.
- It is only recommended in the tube baby operation to overcome these problems.