Symptoms of gastric sleeve failure.. No surgery applied without side effects, and sleeve gastrectomy is one of the complex procedures that may leave complications and effects as a result of several things that may be due to the doctor’s poor experience or the patient’s indulgence with some behavior or bad diet that may lead to failure as a result.
We will talk in the following lines in detail on this topic.
What is the process of sleeve gastrectomy?
- Before talking about the core of the title, the gastric bypass procedure must be defined first.
- It is one of the most radical solutions to lose weight after the failure of traditional or home methods to do so.
- The sleeve gastrectomy has several options, including direct surgical procedures, which are performed by means of an incision and cutting the stomach
- And a procedure that is performed by endoscopy without the need to make wide surgical incisions, like the previous method, and it is the newest method and the most likely among the majority.
Common symptoms after the sleeve gastrectomy
According to several criteria, symptoms differ from one person to another. The following are some of the common symptoms of post-sleeve gastrectomy
- Feeling tired, weak, and some minor pain in the body.
- Vomiting as a result of eating large quantities of meals according to the previous habit before the operation, so the stomach rejects this amount.
- Feeling of burning in the esophagus and stomach.
- Feeling bad and depressed, with a change in previous eating habits.
- Appetite gradually weakened and then weight loss.
Causes of gastric sleeve failure
The gastric sleeve operation is a complex and safe procedure that requires great care during the recovery period, according to the doctor’s instructions. As for the most important reasons for the failure of the process, we mention:
- Medical error as a result of the doctor’s poor experience, lack of competence and professional experience.
- Patient behavior contrary to the doctor’s instructions, such as physical exertion or pressure on the abdomen, causing damage to stomach stapling, and consequently post-sleeve leakage.
Symptoms of gastric sleeve failure
As a result of what we have mentioned about the reasons for failure, signs appear informing the patient of the need to see a doctor, what are those signs?
- Feeling of unbearable and abnormal pain in the stomach area.
- Repeated vomiting with a feeling of nausea with a high temperature of the patient.
- When these symptoms appear, one should consult a doctor and determine the cause of these symptoms because they are not conditional on the failure of the operation and may accompany a simple problem.
- The doctor makes a x-ray or an endoscopy to determine the exact cause of the problem and take the most appropriate action according to the result.
What are the options after feeling these symptoms?
- Anti-inflammatory is one of the most important solutions
- Braces for the stapling area in case of detection of stomach leakage and treatment of the resulting leakage.
- Also, the patient must follow a diet until the site of infusion is healed.
- Reconstructive surgery may be required according to each case.
- As we mentioned, the patient must be careful and then take care to choose a competent doctor to perform the operation and avoid the path of searching for the low cost because it is expensive and prohibitive in terms of health and financially afterwards.