Rhinoplasty Surgery Most of us, girls, teens and men, dream of an attractive appearance of the face, and this is not complete without the presence of a consistent nose shape in the face. Therefore, I found rhinoplasty, which has become a very popular idea and its goal is to reduce the size of the nose, which is treated as high-end cosmetic operations.
In our article today, we will discuss rhinoplasty, how it is performed, how it began, what its potential cost is, and where it can be performed? And what are its potential risks, all of this information will be learned extensively in this article.
Here below some quick information about the process:
|Procedure duration||2-3 Hours|
|Procedure aim||Re-shaping nose to increase harmony, treating breathe problems|
|Continuity of results||Life Time|
|Turk Aesthetic Cost||2000 USD|
Rhinoplasty Surgery Video
Before and After
Rhinoplasty is a process in which the shape of the nose is modified, and it is sometimes called the process of reshaping the nose. It is carried out for a primarily cosmetic purpose, which is to increase harmony and proportion between the nose and the rest of the facial features. It is often performed in the treatment of breathing problems and disorders that result from distortions and defects in the structure of the nose. And some accidents.
Such as: changing the size of the nose to make it smaller or larger, the width of the nose and the position of the tip of the nose.
Even in the beautification of pronounced heights or depressions of the nose that affect the overall shape of the face, or to increase the symmetry of the nose.
Rhinoplasty types and techniques
- Nose reduction surgery: It is done in areas such as the bunion, the bridge of the nose or the width of the nose.
- Nose augmentation surgery: This type of surgery is curative as it is due to a deformity or incomplete growth of the nose, or after the surgical removal of part of the nose.
- Ethnic plastic surgeries: These are spread in ethnicities, as they are characterized by shapes and edges of the nose, such as the peoples of the Middle East or the peoples of the Mediterranean regions.
- Plastic surgery as a result of accidents: These surgeries take place within a period of one week to ten days, after exposure to an accident that causes the destruction of some of the nasal bones or cartilage.
Rhinoplasty Surgery Candidates
- People who have the desire to improve the shape of the nose because of its importance and its role in enhancing human self-confidence.
- When there is a congenital defect such as deviation of the nasal septum.
- When injuries to the nose occur as a result of accidents.
- When there are breathing difficulties.
Rhinoplasty Surgery conditions
You must pay attention to several things for nose operations, including:
- The growth of the facial bones is complete, as the operation is not performed in childhood or adolescence.
- The integrity of the facial bones and the absence of deformation.
- The candidate for these operations is in good health.
- The candidate should not be a smoker because smoking leads to complications in this process and increases the expected recovery period.
- The patient must enjoy his aspiration for realistic results and his readiness to accept the change that will occur in his form. Procedures before rhinoplasty
Where the person undergoes some tests three weeks before the operation, and also conducts an electrocardiogram.
The patient is also prevented from taking any medications that cause blood flow and delay clotting two weeks before the operation, and among these medications are some analgesics such as aspirin and drugs that contain ibuprofen.
It is important for the patient to stop smoking, take nicotine, refrain from taking vitamin E, and start taking vitamin C daily, in quantities not less than 1000 mg per day.
And not to drink alcoholic beverages during the pre-operative and post-operative phase.
If you will be under general anesthesia in the surgery, you must refrain from eating any food or drinks for at least 8 hours before the operation.
Questions before Rhinoplasty
- When going to the plastic surgeon, you should inquire about the questions related to the operation before performing it, in order to ensure the effectiveness of the procedure and the complications that the person may be exposed to.
- Asking the doctor about the person whether he is a good candidate for this operation or not.
- The period of recovery and rest that the doctor expects.
- Is the medical center or hospital in which the operation will take place fully equipped in order to deal with emergencies and complications that may occur in this operation?
- The risks and complications that the doctor can expect to occur and how they can be dealt with.
- There are options available other than rhinoplasty.
- The time it takes for the surgery.
- Anesthesia options and the type available to the person.
Rhinoplasty Process Stages
- Anesthesia. Either it is complete, partial, or local anesthesia, according to what the doctor sees, where the process begins by making an incision in the nose or without using this incision.
- Nose reshaping. Where some cartilage and bone are removed, and this often requires the cultivation of some cartilage.
- Correct the shape of the nasal septum. In the event that the nose is deviated after the operation, the surgical incision is closed and when a nasal splint is used and installed, and then we enter the recovery phase and wait for the results after waking up from the anesthesia.
The recovery phase after the operation is an important period, so the person must deal with caution and care in adhering to the doctor’s instructions and instructions in order to ensure that the person reaches the shape of the nose that the person wants. Any defect in the healing of the skin or the parts under it will lead to a defect in the shape of the nose later, Some problems arise due to not following the medical advice and instructions accurately in the post-operative period.
The results are evaluated within a year of the surgery, after the swelling in the nose area has completely gone. Therefore, the person must be ready to accept the significant change that will occur in the shape of the face, which will be caused by the change in the shape of the nose.
It is important for the person to have a realistic view, so he does not wait for results to appear immediately after the completion of the surgery, and to be aware of the expected period of time for recovery and change the shape of the nose, so the person must adhere strictly and completely to the doctor’s instructions in order to recover well and have good health.
Rhinoplasty is a simple surgery that does not want a long recovery or rest period.
Where the patient can leave the hospital the next day after rhinoplasty, and often the same day.
This varies from person to person, and also the technique used in surgery leads to a great variation in recovery periods from the operation.
Therefore, the doctor’s instructions and instructions must be adhered to after the surgery, in order to ensure a healthy and quick recovery. After the operation, the nose will be different and its shape begins to gradually change with the beginning of the disappearance of swelling. It is important to adhere to the obligation to take the treatment prescribed by the doctor and to avoid exposure to sunlight as much as possible.
Where the nose reaches its final shape within a period of two to 12 weeks.
Therefore, a person should not feel afraid of anything, even if he finds his nose is congested and swollen after the surgical mold is removed within a week of the surgery, because this is completely normal.
It often takes a year after surgery to get the final picture of the nose, so you must be patient and fully comply with the doctor’s instructions and instructions.
Therefore, after the surgery, you must adhere to the same instructions and instructions that must be adhered to after all surgeries. You should not eat food until after making sure of the bowel movement, and try to move around the house as much as possible in order to avoid clots.
Therefore, strenuous exercise should be avoided for a period of at least three weeks after the surgery.
And also to keep the nasal splint dry in the week following the operation until its removal, and it is important not to be exposed to direct sunlight in the weeks following the operation until full recovery.
Rhinoplasty Surgery Side effects
Emphasizing that undergoing this operation is a choice that the person chooses by himself in the first place, and undergoing surgery is full of risks, so a balance must be weighed before making any decision between the expectation of benefiting from the surgery and the harm that the patient will suffer. Emphasizing that most of the problems associated with the operation can be avoided by choosing a well-skilled doctor who is interested in education and has competence and experience with the latest techniques of rhinoplasty. Among the risks associated with rhinoplasty:
- The risks of general anesthesia, in which a person may be exposed to an unknown sensitivity to one of the drugs used in the anesthesia process, which often causes the patient’s death.
- Risks include the mistakes of the doctor or the treatment center, and for this it is important to choose a smart and skilled doctor to perform the operation.
- This type of operation causes breathing problems, and this was recorded in about 70% of those who performed these operations.
- The risk of tissue transplantation for rhinoplasty, which includes the removal or absorption of tissues if the transplant is autologous, or its rejection if the transplant is for tissue from outside the body.
- The occurrence of risks after the surgery, which are the risks of infection, which we can avoid as much as possible by adhering to the doctor’s instructions and taking the medicines and drugs that the doctor prescribes at specific times.
- The occurrence of some cases of numbness in the nose, tissue fibrosis, and tissue atrophy in some of those who performed rhinoplasty operations.
- The patient was exposed to swelling in the nose in the period that is after the operation, which may reach a full year.
- A change in the color of the skin of the nose.
Celebrities who have undergone rhinoplasty
There are many celebrities who have undergone multiple plastic surgeries every year, and the most prominent and important of these surgeries is rhinoplasty.
Among the world famous celebrities are:
Janet Jackson, Jennifer Aniston, Katie Griffin, Ashlee Simpson and Diana Agron
The history of rhinoplasty surgery
Ancient Egypt was the first to perform rhinoplasty and this is what was seen drawn in manuscripts and mummified statues and mummies, about 3000 BC, when it was common at the time to cut the noses of thieves at that time, so Egyptian doctors invent a way to re-install the nose, and record This method was based on the hieroglyphic language on the papyrus, and despite the simple operation mentioned at the time, it formed the basis for the development of surgery many years after this period and for similar reasons. It appeared in India in the year 500 BC, and because of the humiliation and shame that was inflicted In the thief and thief after cutting his nose, the operation that was performed at that time was more advanced than that of the ancient Egyptians, and it is still in its foundations a phenomenon in rhinoplasty until this time.
After the emergence of the Roman Empire in the year 27 BC, “Aulus Cornelius Celsus” developed surgery as the closest thing to modern nose surgeries, and many rhinoplasty surgeries went through many developments until they developed rapidly in the stage that came after the first and second world wars, and at the time The risks were very high at that time because of the many anesthesia problems, but with the development of anesthesia techniques, they helped increase safety factors and reduce the risks and complications of rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty Surgery cost
As for the costs of rhinoplasty, the surgery, anesthesia, and medical care in the country in which the operation is performed are what determines the cost. In general, the final cost of the operation depends on the type of anesthesia that is used at the time of the procedure, as the general anesthesia increases the full cost of the operation and the cost is reduced to less than half if local anesthesia is used. However, this method is not applied in all cases. In the end, this is up to the treating physician to determine the type of anesthesia that is suitable to be used with each patient.
Rhinoplasty in America costs between $3,500 and $5,000, and the cost of rhinoplasty in New Jersey is $3,500, and the cost of rhinoplasty in Florida is $5,000, and the cost of rhinoplasty in Arab countries ranges from $2,000 to $4,000.
The cost of the operation in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia reaches more than 5000 dollars, and the cost of rhinoplasty in Iraq is between 600 and 700 dollars, and since the cost of rhinoplasty in Iran reaches about 550 dollars.
In general, the cost of this process is about 4000 to 6000 dollars