Before and after sleeve gastrectomy we mean by this title the results and the difference in the condition of the body by applying the gastric sleeve procedure, which is one of the most popular procedures used in eliminating obesity and losing weight.
Here’s everything that the reader will be interested in about this topic.
What is the gastric sleeve procedure?
A process aims to reduce the stomach’s absorption space by feels full quickly by eating a small amount of food.
As a result, the person’s weight gradually decreases with the passage of time.
Sleeve Gastrectomy types
- Sleeve gastrectomy is done by making an incision in the abdomen and directly reaching the stomach and cutting part of it.
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, tiny incisions are made in the abdomen, the endoscope is inserted through it, and the sleeve gastrectomy is performed without direct access to the stomach, which is the newest and most sought-after method.
Before and after sleeve gastrectomy
- The results of the gastric sleeve procedure differ according to several criteria, such as the doctor who performs the operation, for example, or the lifestyle that the patient follows after the operation, adherence to the instructions and instructions that must be followed after the operation.
- As for the results, they do not appear once the process is over, of course, but rather need a period of time to start appearing gradually.
- The amount of food eaten is reduced as the first sign after the operation
- Little by little, and after 3 months, the person loses a third of the excess weight
- After the expiration of 6 months, the person loses half of the excess weight
- After a period of 12 months, the person reaches the weight that he was seeking to obtain.
- It is worth noting the necessity of exercising on a daily basis in order for the person to have a tight-fitting, healthy body to resist any fatigue resulting from a lack of food intake, because weight loss is a decision and not just a procedure on the part of a doctor.
- In other words, the process of sleeve gastrectomy alone is not sufficient, but rather a new nutritional and healthy behavior must be adhered to.
Here are some quick tips after the operation:
- Attention and adherence to any detail advised by the doctor and not be underestimated.
- Increase the number of meals and reduce the amount of food eaten.
- Dependence on vitamins that make up for the deficiency that the body needs as a result of the operation.
- The balance between rest and exercise.
- Visit the doctor periodically to check the proper progression of the sleeve gastrectomy procedure.