PRP Injection is a new innovated technique aims to find a solution for hair loss or baldness problem.
This technique strengthens the hair follicle that is starting to get weaker, which leads to the known hair loss that turns into the common baldness.
How is prp injection done?
- As we know blood consists of several main components, which are red, white blood cells, blood platelets and plasma.
- The medical team get the plasma from the patient’s own blood, by taking a simple sample of the patient’s blood about 10 cm, and then it is placed in a device called Centrifuge, the plasma in the blood is formed at the top of the sample as transparent liquid, it is separated from the rest of the blood components such as white cells, red and platelets.
- This plasma that was taken is injected into damaged follicles and weak hair areas, sometimes hair enhancement medications are added to strengthen the blood circulation, which leads to strengthening hair follicular and the hair itself.
- The plasma extracted from the blood contains very useful materials and elements that help to nourish and strengthen hair follicles; it also contains a very large amount of proteins and vitamins, as well as glycogen, alpha particles and other materials.
- These materials help the cells to regenerate, restore itself and repair the damaged tissues, it is to be noted that having plasma hair injection takes an average time of about 15 minutes only.
Who can perform PRP injections
Plasma Hair injections are very useful for people with hair growth problems, hair weakness, or for people who are starting to show hair loss and baldness signs.
However, but some people should not have plasma injections:
- People with blood clotting problems.
- Cancer patients.
- People suffering from chronic skin diseases.
- Strong and continuous inflammations for a long time.
- Chronic liver diseases.
- Platelet function disorders.
- Low fibrinogen ratio in the blood.
- Patients with circulatory system disorders.
It is also to be noted that patients who had plasma injection might have slight redness in the treated area. Small blood drops can be formed, there is no need to worry or be afraid because it is considered normal.
The patient should not take a shower immediately after plasma Hair injection; he must wait for a period of time not less than ten hours. A person may feel mild pain after a plasma session, which quickly disappears.
Hair prp injection efficiency
- In most cases when performing PRP to patients with hair problems such as hair loss and so on, the results appear very good and satisfactory to them. But on the other side, there are very few patients that cannot be benefited from plasma sessions.
Plasma treatment usually needs a relatively long time to show the final result, because it is considered a slow and semi-permanent treatment.
In order for the patient to get good and satisfactory results, he has to get 8 sessions per month or every 20 days to have the best results of plasma Hair injection.
- Follow the doctor and his medical team instructions, and commit to a specific non-random injection date like any other treatment. Follow a suitable diet program and stay away from harmful habits like using hairdressing chemical products, slightly rub the scalp while taking a bath to stimulate the blood circulation, do not constantly wear hats or cover your hair, the specialists advise their patients to expose the scalp to fresh air.
- The vitamins capsules can be taken accompanied by plasma injections therapy to strengthen the follicles and nourish them with the essential elements. Science confirms that tissue and cell structure when injected with plasma or PRP is improved and that most cases respond positively to plasma hair injections. No noticeable negative results are noted, but the response rate varies from patient to another depending on the patient’s own nature.
Plasma Hair Injection failure
The most important causes of plasma hair injection failure are:
- Poor blood circulation activity, and lack of perfusion of areas suffering from hair loss and areas starting to get bald.
- Strong genetic causes lead to hair loss.
- Having injections in irregular periods of time or not committing to the doctor or medical team instructions.
- The patient’s wrong lifestyle or his work uniform forcing him to wear for example hat on the head all the time and not letting the hair breath or using harmful materials on the hair such as gel or creams containing chemicals.
Is Plasma hair injection painful?
- Plasma Hair injection pain is a very simple and not as some people imagine it, it is an endurable pain, especially the used syringes are very fine syringes, which reduces the pain as much as possible.
- The specialist experience and performance play a major role in reducing the pain. Injecting method is connected to the specialist and his experience, which has a positive effect on increasing PRP success rate and reducing the accompanying pain rate as much as possible.
- In some cases if PRP injection is applied to sensitive areas such as the face, or applied to people who have PPR injections fear, the specialist can apply local anaesthetic creams to relieve injection prick as much as possible, the person may continue to feel the ache in the next day after a plasma hair injection session that soon disappears on the following day.
Prp injection advantages
- Hair Plasma injections do not leave any negative side effects; it is not like procedures that require surgical intervention or something like that.
- Plasma injection results start to appear in a shorter period of time compared to using medications and products such as oils, aerosols and hair enhancement vitamins.
- The results appear faster than surgical results that require you to wait more than a year to see the final result.
- There are no side effects at all, because the plasma used is taken from the patient itself, it does not contain any foreign or harmful substances, which reduces the side effects with high rates, the immune system does not consider the injected substances as harmful viruses or bacteria but as familiar materials, it does not eject it outside the body that’s why the body benefits from it as much as possible.
- Plasma hair injection acceptable cost; it is encouraging compared to the cost of other expensive medications used.
- It also stimulates the collagen production and increases the blood circulation activity leading to a good nutrition of the cells.
- Plasma injection is not limited to hair only. Plasma injection is used in many other medical uses, such as ligament rupture or damaged tissue repair, and it is also used in some cases of cardiac diseases. It also has a positive effect on cell regeneration, wound healing and stretch marks caused by obesity.
- It is also used to make some skin blemishes disappear and remove light wrinkles. When injected under the scalp it helps to regenerate hair follicle cells, which reduces hair loss with a high rate, so people with baldness are advised to have a PRP session every 20 or 30 days.
PRP Side Effects
- After hair PRP injection, small blood drops and light redness appear and soon disappear completely in the first two days after plasma injection.
- Simple pain caused by plasma injection prick, that soon disappears also on the next day after the session.
Plasma hair injection is one of the best and most appropriate therapy techniques, it is the best way to delay hair transplant procedure as much as possible, especially for people who have hair loss symptoms, or people who have started to show baldness symptoms. We should note here that Plasma hair injections in areas with low hair density improve and enhance hair at least 35%, plasma or PRP can replace minoxidil and male hormone inhibitors.
You can also contact us to answer your questions at any time by clicking on the link below. Contact us or go back to the main page.