Orthodontics is one of the disturbing things that face many people is teeth inconsistency. This problem causes speech difficulty and makes the teeth more prone to caries because of the crowded alignment of teeth besides the odd appearance while smiling or laughing.
Orthodontics is considered the appropriate solution for such situations.
What is orthodontics, Turk Aesthetic will provide a detailed answer to this topic in addition to a lot of information.
Orthodontics what is it?
One of the dentistry specialties that addresses the disadvantages of teeth consistency and lack of alignment well, such as:
- The departure of one tooth or more from the natural arrangement (crowding), whether in the upper jaw and/or the lower jaw.
- The size of one tooth or more do not fit the other teeth sizes.
- Teeth spacing.
- Asymmetry of the upper jaw with the lower one, which causes the malocclusion (improper bite).
Orthodontics is the solution for these problems to re-align the teeth to be compact and better coordinated.
The best appropriate time to use
The age seven is considered the last age stage in the teeth formation. Therefore, this stage is the best age for treating lousy orthodontics starting from the age of seven, as we mentioned above, until the age of fifteen.
Once you notice the crowded teeth, you must visit the dentist to correct the defects before any complications.
Orthodontics types vary according to the following points:
- The diagnosed problem.
Famous traditional metal
- It is used to correct the defects of the teeth consistency. It is made of stainless steel material, which is fixed by a gluey material and connected by a thin wire.
- One of the most important disadvantages of this braces is the discomfort feeling in the mouth at the beginning of use; it causes injuries in the gums and cheeks.
- Furthermore, you should pay attention when you eat some types of food, such as caramel and chewing gum, which adhere to it and gather on the surface.
- One of the main advantages of this braces is its low cost.
This orthodontics gives a better appearance compared to the metal braces. It is made of transparent porcelain that blends with the gum and teeth color, thus not appearing clearly.
This type’s disadvantages are less compared with metal braces. Ceramic braces have a lightweight and a parallel color to natural teeth color, except the connecting wire between the stents, which can be changed periodically when its color changes. However, ceramic braces cost more and are breakable.
Orthodontics fixed on the inner surface of the teeth
It is made of stainless steel material and placed invisibly behind the teeth, the disadvantages of this type are :
- The need to get rid of one of the teeth to gain additional space.
- It costs higher due to the complicated procedure and the need for an experienced dentist.
- It is not suitable for people who have small teeth.
Transparent orthodontics (clear braces)
It is preferred only by adults or people who have minor problems.
It is made of plastic material, so it is easy to be lost or broken while the cost is higher compared to other types because it is not noticeable at all in the mouth.
It is used if there is deformity of the facial bones or jaws, such as an acute teeth protrusion, so the affected part is separated and reconstituted through the stents.
It is used after the metal braces when the teeth appearance improves.
This type is placed and removed periodically only to ensure that the teeth remain in the proper position. Furthermore, the duration of its use should not exceed one year.
Orthodontics cost in Turkey
Orthodontics cost varies according to the used braces type and the patient’s status.
To get the exact cost from Turk Aesthetic Center, you can share with us your teeth’s photos or contact us via the following link.