Nose reduction process is one of the most common procedures women use in the world, and it is one of the simple operations, while it requires a skilled surgeon like other operations to make the results satisfactory and ideal.
Turk Aesthetic talks about the process of minimizing the nose and all the details of interest to the reader in the following lines:
Read also about laser rhinoplasty
Nose Reduction Video
Nose Reduction Surgery
A simple process that aims to change the unwanted shape of the nose and get rid of the defect in it to be more consistent with the face in general, simple, and not striking, thus improving the psychological state of the owner
Most of those who resort to the operation are motivated by plastic surgery first and then motivated to improve the functionality of the nose second, specifically in the event
- Big nose size.
- Having a congenital or functional defect, such as an inability to breathe or making a sound during sleep (snoring).
- The inconsistency of the upper part with the lower part.
- Informing the doctor about any health issue it in advance
- It is preferable to perform the operation in both sexes after the facial growth is complete, i.e. after the age of twenty.
- Inform the doctor of infections if they are present because the inflammation is transmitted quickly during the operation to the healthy parts, which leads to very bad complications.
- In the event of a chronic disease, the doctor must be informed about it, it may cause severe bleeding.
- General blood test before the operation to ensure the health of the body and the ratio of blood flow and kidney function.
- Nose images.
- Conducting an electrocardiogram and lungs.
This is regarding pre-operative recommendations, but after the operation, the patient must.
Staying home for a week, not being exposed to the sun directly, and fully adhering to the doctor’s recommendations, while using cold compresses with a regular visit to the doctor to ensure the safety of the nose.
The operation is most often performed under the influence of local anesthesia, and takes about two hours at most.
During which the doctor raises the skin of the nose and separates it from the bone, then it forms cartilage and bone again, then restores the skin to the structure of the nose.
Some operations need an extra cracks for deformation or deviation. The process is performed with external cracks.
Celebrities who underwent a nose reduction:
- Angelina Jolie.
- Ashley Simpson.
- Barack Obama.
- Minor bleeding during the first day of the operation.
- Swelling around the eyes that goes away after about a week.
- Temporarily stuffy nose due to tissue swelling and inability to breathe comfortably.
- Simple scars that disappear over time.
- Temporarily losing a sense of smell.
As for the worst complications, it is the patient’s failure to obtain the appropriate form required for the nose after the operation or a functional dysfunction in it, and this all depends on the professionalism and skill of the doctor as we mentioned at the beginning of the article.
Nose Reduction Surgery Cost
- The cost is not covered by health insurance as being cosmetic.
- It varies according to the clinic, doctor and location.
- On average, the costs of the operation in Istanbul range from 2,500 to 3,500 dollars.