Whiteheads treatment: are a form of acne, which can appear on the face and some other areas of the body, it may cause an annoying appearance and these heads may lead to permanent scars, and white heads are characterized by being small, pearly in shape, as they are formed from the accumulation of oils and skin Dead and serum that reaches the pores closes the surface of the hair follicles, causing those heads that are called white heads, and they differ from black heads whose surface is open and reflects the color of the trapped hair follicles, making them appear black.
Oily skin is the skin most prone to whiteheads, the more the skin produces fats and oils, the higher the incidence of white heads, and there are other factors that cause the appearance of those heads, such as:
- Hormonal changes that accompany puberty, pregnancy and menopause, as well as taking birth control pills may cause white heads.
- Use of improper cosmetics.
- Genetic predisposition to greasy sweating and moisture.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Share cosmetics and cosmetics with people.
- Exposure to heat, sweating and pollution.
- Not paying attention to facial hygiene.
White heads must be removed very carefully, because many people make mistakes in the methods of removing white heads, and the exact cause of white heads is the accumulation of oils in the pores of the skin, if the pores of the skin are closed bacteria will remain under the skin and will begin to grow and after a few days the white heads will be formed Whiteheads usually occur in different parts of the face, most commonly the chin, forehead and nose, and some people also have whiteheads on the chest, neck and forehead, often accompanying whiteheads (pimples, blackheads and acne).
Many methods and techniques are used to remove whiteheads that continue to appear despite treatment, here are the most important ones:
Cryotherapy: Several cryogenic materials are used to freeze and get rid of whiteheads, such as: liquid nitrogen and carbon dioxide ice.
Cautery treatment: in which heat is produced by an electric generator, it works to dry the surface skin and destroy white heads. This technique can also be used to treat many skin problems, such as: skin tags and warts.
Skin curettage: It is one of the old ways to treat skin problems, in which a metal toothed wheel is used to treat scars and the effects of smallpox. It is also used nowadays to treat wrinkles and skin pigmentation. It is one of the options available to exfoliate the skin and get rid of white heads that reappear despite treatment.
Medical options for Whiteheads treatment
Whiteheads are a type of non-inflamed acne that most commonly appears in young adulthood and is caused by the accumulation of skin oils and dead skin cells in the pores that close completely at the surface of the skin. Treatment can be medical using:
1 – Topical treatments: They are the most used in the treatment of whiteheads, and here are the most important ones:
* Salicylic acid: It works to remove scaly skin, which facilitates the absorption of the rest of the medications. It is applied to the affected area for 15 minutes a day.
* Retinoids: They exfoliate the surface of the skin, and are applied to the affected area once a day for 20 minutes. These treatments are not safe for pregnant women.
* Azelaic acid: eliminates bacteria and prevents the accumulation of dead skin in the pores, applied once or twice daily
- Benzoyl Peroxide: It works as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory, it is applied for 20 minutes once or twice daily. 2 – Oral treatments: They are not usually used in treatment, as they work best in treating inflamed acne, but they may benefit in some cases, such as:
- Hormonal therapy.
Traditional ways for Whiteheads treatment
1- Applying tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is a natural anti-inflammatory, and it can also have antimicrobial benefits.
2- Applying honey: Honey has strong anti-bacterial properties and can go deep into the skin. It can be used through the following steps:
- Honey can be used by heating a tablespoon of honey in the microwave for 15 seconds so that it is not too hot.
- Warm honey is placed directly on the affected area for 15 minutes.
- This recipe can be repeated for best results.
3- Lemon juice: Lemon juice has acidic properties, works to dry the skin and absorb excess oils, and is rich in anti-bacterial compounds and helps reduce inflammation. To learn how to use, follow these steps:
- Lemon juice diluted with water can be used to avoid skin irritation.
- It is applied directly to the affected areas using a clean cotton swab.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
4- Applying apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has astringent properties and can help dry and shrink pores. It also helps reduce inflammation and has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties. To use apple cider vinegar, follow these steps:
Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water.
The mixture is placed on the affected areas of the skin for 20 minutes.
- This routine can be repeated until these heads are removed.
5- Application of Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is characterized by its anti-inflammatory properties, and it can help treat and acne in general. It must be mentioned when enumerating the methods of treatment by natural methods. It is preferable to use raw aloe vera obtained from within the plant.
6- Steaming the face with steam: Exposing the face to steam helps open the pores. To make the steam bath, do the following:
- Boil some water and put it in a pot.
- Steam is shed directly on the whiteheads area.
- It is recommended to place a towel on the head to increase the concentration of steam on the face.
7 – Peeling the skin: In addition to the previous recipes, attention should be paid to peeling the skin in a natural way. To prepare the natural peeling, follow the following:
- Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal, one tablespoon of brown sugar, half a tablespoon of honey, and half a tablespoon of lemon.
- Scrub the face with this scrub for 5 to 7 minutes. Leave it on the skin a little, then wash the skin with lukewarm water.
Tips to get rid of whiteheads
1 – Do not try to remove whiteheads alone at home, if you try to squeeze it, it will lead to a red scar
2- Use sunscreens
3- Clean the skin with a gentle face wash.
4 – Avoid contact of hair products with the skin, so as not to cause clogging of the pores.
5- Clean cosmetics after each use and not share them.
6 – Use oil-free cosmetics, because oils cause clogged pores.
7 – Replace the pillow case regularly and clean the glasses and mobile phones.
8 – Wash your hair regularly, especially oily hair, so that fats do not stick to the skin.
9 – Take care and caution before using home remedies and mixtures, and it is preferable to consult a doctor in advance.
10 – Avoid using cosmetics during the treatment period, taking care to remove them before bed, as they clog the pores.
11- Eating a lot of vegetables and fruits and avoiding sweets, dairy products, and fast foods.
12 – Exercising, as it helps maintain the health of the body and skin, while taking a shower immediately after the exercise.
Tips to avoid whiteheads
1 – Clean your face at least twice a day, using a facial cleanser that contains alpha hydroxyl acid or salicylic acids or skin care products appropriate for your skin type.
2 – Exfoliate the skin regularly two or three times a week, with a gentle scrub with small particles that encourages smoother and healthier skin cells to grow, which helps to activate the pores, and focus circular movements on the problem areas of the face, forehead, nose and cheeks.
3 – Apply steam to your face for a few minutes once a week, to cleanse your skin from the depths. Steam is very important to remove dirt that may be embedded in the skin. When steaming the face prevents clogging of pores and softens the skin for easier cleansing and removal of impurities. Make-up residues, oily secretions, and dead skin cells.
4 – You should not try to put pressure on the white heads and go to the best beauty salon and consult a cosmetic specialist or a dermatologist.
5- If you have a few pimples do nothing and leave them because sometimes the white heads go away on their own within a few days.