Facial scars treatment in Turkey is resorted to if you suffer from an old wound or if the wound has been sutured but its marks are still obvious.
Or you have acne scars despite healing from it.
You must have used many lotions and creams to hide the scars, which was not effective.
In this article, Turk Aesthetic will discuss the modern surgical or cosmetic methods in removing facial scars.
What is a facial scar?
It is a mark or a group of marks that appear on the skin surface or internal tissues of it resulting from a wound, burns or acne that are not cured completely resulting in a change in the color, structure of the skin, which appears in the form of a hole or protrusion that does not go away using medical creams.
Facial scars treatment types
- Acne Scar: It is a hole in the face as a result of acne leaving traces on the face even after healing from acne and pimples.
- Pigment Scar: Looks darker than the normal surrounding skin color.
- Shrinking scar: It occurs as a result of skin burns, the shape of the skin appears shrunken.
Cosmetic solutions for scars treatment
Animal collagen, or medically called filler, is used to remove wrinkles and hide their marks by injecting it to fill in the blanks under the skin.
It is recommended to use in cases of simple shallow scars.
It is considered one of the simplest and fastest procedures and does not take more than half an hour with no need for anesthesia, the results are immediate and the session can be repeated when needed.
Preferably used in average cases medium depth and preferably used to treat and lighten dark scars and make its color close to the original color of the skin.
The laser makes small pores on the scar to stimulate cells to regenerate the skin, produce collagen and tighten the skin safely.
It is used during the operation under local anesthesia cream because the laser rays lead to some painful burns, the eyes are also covered to be protected from the laser rays.
There are two types of lasers, one that stimulates cells to produce collagen and the other exfoliate the skin.
The laser session doesn’t last more than 45 minutes and after the session, the patient can normally continue his daily activities.
- Chemical peel
It is the use of acids to exfoliate the skin to get rid of acne and deep scars.
Exfoliating treatment is suitable for people with light skin, unlike laser.
Peeling takes only a few minutes but takes several sessions to reach the desired results.
The doctor uses a chemical substance that is applied to the treated area, it helps make the skin color darker and then start peeling to result in regenerating the cells.
There is no need for anesthesia when you follow the chemical peeling procedure, but you need to recuperate for about a week.
During the recovery period, the patient must not be exposed to sunlight and must not use cosmetic products.
In case the previous treatment methods fail or the scar condition is chronic the surgery solution is the last treatment option.
Skin from another area of the patient’s body may be used to treat the scars, which is removed to be transplanted into the scar site, like the patching procedure.
The operation is carried out under general anesthesia, that is why the patient must mot decide to undergo this procedure in a hurry.
The patient can be exposed to more than one technique, which leads to better results such as applying laser and injection in the same treatment plan and of course, it is under the full supervision of the doctor.
Post-operative side effects:
- Redness and scar inflammation with if the laser is applied.
- In case of chemical peel, Allergies may occur.
- Skin burning results from laser if it was misused.
Cost of facial scars treatment in Turkey
- Depending on the method used, the cost varies and the patient’s case is the main factor that affects the price.
- Generally, injections are considered one of the cheapest techniques one injection cost starts from $ 150.
- The laser session cost starts from $ 1000.
- The cost of the chemical peeling session starts from $ 300.
- Surgery is the most expensive solution, its prices also vary according to the depth and area of the scar starting from $ 1,500 to $ 3500.