Botox Injection for Migraine use of Botox isn’t limited not only cosmetics field only, but extended to treating.
Its use began to treat migraine in 2010 after discovering its efficacy to get rid of headaches.
Turk Aesthetic in this article will explain everything related to migraine treatment with Botox, and let’s start by defining Botox.
Here below some quick information about the process:
|Anesthesia||Local / No need|
|Process duration||10 Minutes|
|Process aim||get red of migraine and headache|
|Continuity of results||6 Months|
|Turk Aesthetic Cost||200 USD per 1CC|
Botox Injection for Migraine Video
Botox is a drug extracted from bacteria toxins, which paralyzes the muscle and stops a specific nerve according to the place of injection. It is a protein substance that is suitable for all ages. Its results are relatively temporary and not permanent. as for Migraine:
- it’s is a genetic neurological disease that has several symptoms, the most important of which are headache, nausea, and light discomfort.
- The migraine occurs as a result of a genetic defect in a specific gene as the primary cause, but the reasons for its occurrence are irregular sleep, fatigue, and hormonal changes in the body.
- As a result, the main cause of migraine hood is heredity. The catalyst for its occurrence is the established lifestyle and lifestyle.
Phases of migraine occurrence
- Symptoms gradually come to begin with nausea and discomfort from the light, and head pain will begin as a simple matter.
- The pain gradually increases after two hours to reach its peak within four hours.
- The duration of the pain associated with the migraine is not considered fixed. It may last for seven hours or 24 hours – 48-72 hours … and sometimes for a week.
- Migraine is then called the migraine’s fit.
- Disturbance is not required only from light, but also from sounds or even smells when the fit begins.
- The occurrence of the migraine is accompanied by nausea, a drop in blood pressure and sweating, diarrhea.
- The migraine with the aura, which is pain in the head, is accompanied by blurred vision.
- Migraine without aura, which is only a headache.
- Migraine fit when it lasts for more than three days.
- The migraine that affects a certain area of the head, such as the eye region is called the retina migraine.
- What distinguishes a migraine from a headache that is known to be a recurring occurrence, comes at a rate of eight times a month, that is, for a period of 15 days per month.
Migraine Treatment With Botox
- As we mentioned at the beginning of the article, this article proved its effectiveness by chance in treating migraine.
- After cosmetic experts conducted botox sessions for the purpose of stretching and plastic surgery, and these same patients were suffering from migraines.
- after injections, suffering rate was less after undergoing a botox session for the purpose of cosmetology.
- Which motivated doctors to conduct their experiments using botox to treat migraine.
- The effectiveness of Botox has prove positively by getting rid of headaches and for a period exceeding the period given by traditional analgesics.
- The symptoms disappeared after the Botox injection for more than 15 weeks.
- After proving the effectiveness of Botox to relieve pain, Botox has authorize in American pharmacies since 2011 to treat adults only.
- The patient get injections for muscle tissue for more than 30 different places in the head and neck, according to the place of pain and under the supervision of a professional neurologist in this field.
- After failure of other traditional analgesics Botox can help
- The effect of Botox begins immediately after injection, starting from the tissues through the nerves, then distributing to all parts by means of the retinal vesicles, which give the matter of relaxing the nerves and muscles, and thus feeling comfortable.
- The effect of the injection may last up to six months, with the possibility of repeat treatment.
- Migraine treatment with Botox can repeat, as there are no negative effects on other parts of the body, such as the liver or kidneys.
- But it is worth noting that the large dose of the substance does not help in sustaining the results because the body disposes of it and throws it out automatically.
- Botox is not convenience for some people because of the presence of anti-it elements in their bodies.
- Relieving stress and depression.
Cost of Botox Injection for Migraine
The cost is varies with the country, city, location in the city itself, and the medical center.
The doctor’s experience and expertise play an important role in determining the cost as well.