Laser rhinoplasty A person may be born with an abnormal nose or have one of us have an accident that causes the shape of his nose to be distorted.
The surgical procedure may be the best solution to correct the shape or position of the deformed nose, but many do not want to resort to surgery. So has modern medicine come up with solutions far from surgery and total anesthesia?
Are there simple solutions to fix the deformed nose shape?
Turk Aesthetic will answer this question in the following lines.
What is Laser Rhinoplasty?
The goal of the rhinoplasty is to enlarge or reduce the nose, or the goal of the operation may be to improve the functionality of the nose in people who complain of shortness of breath or difficulties breathing in general.
Types of rhinoplasty
Before the person is determined to perform the operation, it is necessary to know in advance the types of rhinoplasty, which differ according to the patient’s complaint. The person may not need surgery, but the laser is sufficient to solve the problem. As for surgical treatment, it is divided into two parts
Open surgery, which is performed by making small incisions under the nose, will disappear over time
Closed surgery, which is performed by making incisions inside the nose without affecting its external appearance, and this method is used when external nasal defects are minor and do not need to open the nose.
Cases of laser nose treatment
Lasers are used with a scope to facilitate rhinoplasty and correct its function, and is often used in the following cases:
- For the treatment of enlarged fatty skin cells that lead to an abnormally large nose size, this condition is called “rhinitis”.
- In open surgery, doctors may replace the laser scalpel to cause the incisions.
- Removal of nasal polyps.
- Allergy caused by cartilage on the nasal septum.
Laser features in treatment
- Accuracy of aiming at the place to be treated.
- Reduced bleeding compared to bleeding in surgery.
- No total anesthesia required.
- With the use of lasers there is no possibility of contamination and medical infection.
- Reduced process time to no more than thirty minutes.
The patient should follow the following recommendations after the operation, which are:
- Raise the level of the head from the body during sleep.
- Moisturizing the surgical sites with cold compresses.
- Rest and not to overburden the soul.
- Do not skip because sudden movements hurt the nose.
- As for the results, it does not appear evident until after a period of six months, especially due to swelling and bruising. We add to this that thicker skin requires longer healing time because it does not shrink quickly like thin skin.
The risks of laser rhinoplasty
- The complications and risks of the laser increase inversely with the doctor’s experience and skill. The higher the doctor’s experience, the lesser the possibility of the risks, including:
- A slight possibility of bleeding after the operation.
- Using the wrong laser will burn the nose tissue.
- It may require a repeat of the process again after several months.
The cost of laser rhinoplasty in Turkey
Laser treatment is generally expensive, but its cost varies depending on the problem to be treated, and the surgeon and his skill play a large role in determining the cost in addition to the hospital’s name and location.