Hair transplant contraindications that may prevent you from having hair transplantation.
hair transplantation Contraindications may be an obstacle to you, while not everyone can undergo hair transplantation simply because he needs to make his hair denser or in case he suffers from baldness and needs to get rid of it.
There are a few questions consultants will ask during the consultation before referring patients to the doctor who will perform the operation. Some of the obstacles that may be the reason for your disqualification for hair transplant:
- The patient must be over 21 years of age.
- the true desire for transplantation, which means in order for the procedure to be performed the baldness should be obvious.
- Some cases that think of hair transplantation as a solution to solve heavy hair, which may be due to several reasons like hormonal imbalance and other reasons, so they resort to transplantation Believing that it is the alternative solution to stop the continuous hair loss.
So, for some people, there are many reasons and contraindications for not undergoing the operation.
Hair transplant Risk Factors
Some diseases are considered a red line and one of the most important contraindications:
- Rash and infections that may affect the skin.
- Skin cancer.
- Chronic cases of alopecia areata that have caused whole body hair loss.
- A skin disease called lichen dermatitis.
There are also some diseases that prevent us from performing hair transplantation and it is often all skin related diseases because they hinder performing the operation and cause risks, where the scalp skin should be healthy.
- Some people who suffer from continuous hair loss, believe that hair transplantation will stop it from falling out.
- The transplantation process is only the process of transferring follicles from the donor area to the bald recipient area in order to cover the baldness.
- Transplantation is not a cure for hair loss.
- during the consultation doctor can help you by prescribing some medications to limit the hair loss, some drugs may have side effects.
- The doctor should be informed about any development that occurs, either improvements or complications.
- After the procedure, you can continue using the treatment for another period, determined by your doctor to ensure strong healthy hair and to reduce hair loss.
Other Factors (hair transplantation contraindications)
- Some physiological changes during pregnancy due to hormonal changes or malfunction of the hormone’s percentage after menopause, psychological factors affect negatively.
- people who suffer from these cases are not suitable candidates for hair transplantation, and it is better to see a specialist doctor.
- The doctor may prescribe some medications that reduce hair loss, as we mentioned earlier, these reasons are temporary and after they subside the possibility of responding to treatment is very strong, the doctor does not recommend hair transplantation for them.
- Poor hair density in the donor area also prevents hair transplantation.
- Some people do not have a strong hair structure, which means the hair is weak and thin in the entire head, or the donor area may be too weak to cover the bald areas, and may even be harmful to the donor area.
- Also, some bald areas are large and the donor area is insufficient and does not give the needed number of follicles.
- You should consult your healthcare professional and inform him of your health condition, and the medications you have been using.
- Your doctor will determine if you can perform the procedure, or if your condition is inoperable.