Hair Transplant FUE is the abbreviation of (Follicular Unit Extraction)
Hair transplant in Turkey with FUE is one of the most common hair transplant methods, which means extracting follicular unit from a high-density area called the donor area and implanting it in a low-density area or in areas suffering from baldness.
Hair Transplant FUE
Hair transplant using FUE technique is done by extracting hair follicles from the donor area and implanting them in the front part of the head or area where hair transplant is needed.
Hair follicles have practically 1 to 4 hairs, each hair follicle scientifically estimated as it contains 2.2 hairs in average.
There is no surgical incision done in FUE hair transplant technique as in the old (FUT technique).
The waste in the grafts number and time percentage is slightly lower than the previous technique FUT.
Hair transplant using this technique cost is acceptable and suitable for most patients wishing to restore their hair.
FUE technique results are positive and encouraging.
- Any person who intends to undergo a hair transplant procedure at a hospital or clinic in Turkey, Istanbul in particular or any other city in the world in general, must meet the following conditions:
- The patient must not suffer from any chronic diseases such as heart, pressure or sugar.
- Should have a good health.
- Must not have skin diseases and infections such as psoriasis or eczema.
- Stop blood thinner medicines or drinking alcohol a week before hair transplant.
- Decrease smoking and Hookah as much as possible.
- The patient should be over 18 years of age.
- Has sufficient information and details about hair transplant process.
- The patient hair is completely shaved after determining the area that needs to be implanted and the donor area where the hair follicles will be harvested.
- The medical team sterilize and apply local anaesthesia to the donor area.
- Hair follicles extraction from the donor area, which is usually in the back of the head.
- A device called the micromotor is used to extract hair follicles; its tip is like a hollow needle in 0.6 to 0.8 mm diameter, it separates the hair follicle from the skin and is then extracted by medical tweezers to be kept in a special liquid.
- The doctor places the grafts on sterile medical gauze and into (sterile) cold liquid to keep the grafts fresh and alive for as long as possible. It is preferred that it is placed over ice pieces or to be stored in the refrigerator.
- In the same way as before, the recipient area will be anaesthetized after drawing the appropriate hairline shape, whether for the front line or the other areas that will be implanted.
- The doctor opens new channels to insert into it the grafts that were harvested; the number of channels should match the number of follicles that were harvested.
- Insert hair follicles within the new channels. This is the last step of hair transplant using FUE technique.
After Hair Transplant FUE
- After completing FUE hair transplant procedure, the medical team should do the following:
- Explain the instructions that the patient should follow after hair transplant in Turkey.
- Cover the donor area for one or two days.
- The patient should revisit the hospital or clinic where the hair transplant procedure was performed so that the gauze is removed from the donor area.
- Stay periodically in constant contact with the medical advisor and doctors so they can follow up your case and your hair growth.
- The medical team and specialists will do the first hair wash while explaining its details to the patient.
Hair Transplant FUE advantages
FUE hair transplant is one of the most famous and successful techniques in the world.
The usual FUT technique is characterized by a 95% success rate.
Low grafts loss rate and reasonable cost.
Easy and simple extraction.
This technique is performed without surgery unlike FUT technique, which needs surgical cutting.
It is done in a shorter time compared to FUT.
Some false information
•In most hair transplant procedures in Turkey or abroad, the graft number is between 1500 to 4500 grafts, there is no procedure with a graft number of 6000 or 7000 because:
- The donor area cannot give a large number of grafts such as 6000 or 7000 grafts.
- The medical team would need two or three additional hours to the procedure original time, which is 8 full hours.
- That would increase the chance of wasting more follicles due to keeping it outside the body for a long time.
- The possibility of resulting in empty spots in the donor area due to the excessive extraction.
Why Hair Transplant FUE technique?
Turkey was recently characterized between several countries that are considered a pioneer in cosmetic medicine and hair transplant, for several reasons:
The cost of hair transplant in Turkey is convenient for most society segments. Cosmetic surgery prices in general and especially hair transplant are very acceptable in Turkey compared to other countries.
Turkish Republic appropriate location among other countries, mediating between three continents, it is strategic and encouraging for many people to visit.
The experienced Turkish doctors and highly trained medical staff and specialists are also encouraging people to come to Turkey for plastic surgery or hair transplant.
Turkey’s positive results among the top five countries in the field of hair transplant and cosmetic surgery.
Tourism and therapeutic tourism in Turkey is also one of the most important factors that make it one of the tops visited country, especially Istanbul city.