Hair transplant DHI is a three-word abbreviation for Direct Hair İmplantation.
Direct hair İmplantation (DHI) in Turkey is also called hair transplant using the pen (Choi pen). It is a modern technique used to restore hair or increase hair density in a specific area of the head by transferring hair follicles from the donor area and re-implanting them into the scalp, eyebrows or beard.
Hair transplant specialist will perform a preliminary medical examination and consultation. The stages of the procedure will be explained, the instructions to be followed before and after hair transplant, the results of DHI Direct Hair Transplantation and the expected results of your condition will be discussed along with the hair growth stages.
DHI hair transplant technique is performed under local anaesthesia so that you can talk to your hair transplant team during all the transplant process steps.
When hair transplant using DHI technique is done, a special implant tool is used, called CHOI Pen / Hair implanting pen.
The specialists use a Choi pen to implant the follicles directly into the scalp in the area of weak hair or baldness.
There is no need to open channels before implanting the follicular, which reduces bleeding and provides better nutrition and growth of the implanted grafts.
Hair Transplant DHI – Video
DHI Hair transplant technique has several positive aspects and features including:
1. The possibility of high-density implantation.
2. Hair transplant without shaving the treated area especially for women.
3. The doctor does not have to open channels as in the FUE technique.
4. There are no surgical incisions and it does not leave scars from opening channels process as in the FUT technique.
5. Positive and encouraging results.
6. The time required for recovery is less.
7. Gives a very natural appearance.
Here is a video that shows how is hair transplant using the newest technology DHI in Turkey and in other countries done.
DHI Process Steps
- After taking the patient approval of his hairline shape and follicles distribution the area is locally anaesthetized according to the drawn line.
- Choi pens and extracted follicles are prepared to begin the transplant procedure.
- Each follicle is attached to the tip of the needle held by the Choi pen and implanted directly under the scalp.
- When the follicle is transplanted, the direction of hair growth is determined according to the angle at which the implantation is done.
Before hair transplant instructions
Determining the areas that need hair transplant
- The areas where the extracted follicles will be transplanted is drawn and determined.
- Reshaping and redrawing the front hairline if needed in a way that fits the facial features.
- Determine the transplanted follicles density and distribution according to the baldness case and shape.
- Show the patient the hairline shape and explain the hair transplant plan.
Before starting, the person must have sufficient knowledge about the steps, results and side effects.
Wash the hair well.
Do not use hair styling materials and products.
Tell your doctor about any medicines used.
Tell your doctor about any diseases such as heart disease, stress or sugar.
The patient must not have a skin disease such as eczema or psoriasis.
Wear comfortable clothes on the day of the operation and not a tight collar.
Steps before process:
Preparations before starting the procedure
1. The person is given a special operation gown to wear.
2. Shave full head or only the donor area using a shaving machine.
3. Sterilize and anaesthetize the donor area by local anaesthetic needles which takes about 5 minutes.
Follicles extraction step:
- Hair transplant specialists use a special device to separate a hair follicle root from its place called a micro motor.
- These follicles are collected after extraction, counting and sorting them according to the number of hair roots in each follicle.
- The extracted follicles are placed in a special medical solution for conservation and nourishment.
Apply an anti-inflammatory ointment on the donor area in the back of the head.
The medical team put a bandage to cover the donor area.
Give the patient the necessary instructions to be followed in the days after hair transplantation.
Arrive on the agreed day and time after the procedure to make the first hair wash and remove the bandage from the donor area.
Stay in contact with the medical follow-up team and send pictures periodically to control the growth stages of the implanted hair.
The thing that concerns most of those who intend to do DHI direct hair transplantation in Turkey is how their look will be after the operation? Does the operation have side effects?
The side effects associated with hair transplant using DHI technique are generally very simple:
- Light redness in the donor area.
- Small scars in the transplanted area.
- Swelling rarely occurs in the forehead and around the eyes that disappear within 3 or 4 days.
All the side effects that we mentioned are temporary and disappear in just a few days.
Hair transplant DHI technique cost
The cost of a regular hair transplant in Turkey ranges from $ 1,000 to $ 1,800, while DHI hair transplant technique costs start from $ 2000 to $ 3,000, due to the use of one-time Choi pens.