Gynecomastia or male breast reduction surgery Before we explain it, we should inform you about this phenomenon and its causes.
Recently, the spreading of Gynecomastia (enlarged male breasts) has been noticed. The observed increase is due to several factors, this phenomenon causes psychological disorders such as embarrassment and depression, Due to the society’s negative perception of people having Gynecomastia problem, as a result of the disorders caused by this phenomenon, male breast reduction surgeries have increased significantly since 2006 until today, It is considered as a harmless benign disease, but in some cases it is a symptom of testicular cancer in men.
Quick Information about Gynecomastia surgery
|Anesthesia||Local / general (according to the nature of the procedure)|
|Procedure Duration||3 Hours|
|Stay in the hospital||One night after procedure|
|Results appearance||Gradually after the effects of the process disappear|
|Continuity of results||Forever|
|Return to daily activity||2 weeks|
|Procedure method||Removal of excess tissue with suction of the fat accumulated around the breast|
|Turk Aesthetic Cost||2000 USD|
Gynecomastia Surgery (Video)
Causes for Gynecomastia
- Using some medicines without a prescription.
- Liver cirrhosis.
- Renal insufficiency.
- The continues breasts enlarging that occur in male children during puberty.
- Primitive gonads Deficiency.
- Secondary gonads deficiency.
- Tumors in the testis (Leydig cell tumors, or Sertoli).
- Hyperthyroidism thyroid gland
- Acute renal failure.
- Adrenal Cortical Carcinoma.
- Pituitary gland tumors.
- Lung cancer.
- Men with prostate cancer who are receiving androgen deprivation therapy are also exposed to have Gynecomastia.
After learning about Gynecomastia, we will start talking about male breast reduction surgery.
When do men think about having the surgery?
In severe Gynecomastia cases, which results in the lack of self-esteem and social rejection, and as a final solution to get rid of this problem they undergo a male breast reduction surgery, to have the normal and symmetrical male breasts shape.
Gynecomastia surgery Requirements
the following candidate for Gynecomastia surgery:
- Men who have good physical fitness.
- Those who have a normal weight.
- Men who can accept the fact that they need to undergo this surgery and believe in the results.
- In cases that breast growth has stopped.
- Men who are not addicted to drugs.
- Men who do not have an infectious disease that cannot be cured.
Male breast reduction surgery is as follows:
- Total removal of the glandular tissue in the breast, mastectomy.
- Laser liposuction.
- Laser liposuction without suction.
Some may wonder if there are any side effects of male breast reduction? Yes, there are some side effects resulting from the surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery after effects
- In some cases, the surgery result of asymmetrical male breasts in its overall appearance, which is rare at 1%.
- Losing sensation in the breasts.
- Hematoma, it is treated by taking antibiotics.
- Simple scars treated with some restorative ointments.
- Simple numbness in the chest area disappears after a few days of surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery recovery tips
- Stay away from sports and exercise for at least three weeks.
- Avoid weight gain, and maintain a normal weight.
- Do not use medicines that may help in enlarging male breasts.
- The results of male breast reduction are permanent if you commit to the recommendations that were given by the specialist surgeons.
Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Turkey
The cost of gynecomastia surgery in Turkey ranges from 1500 to 3000 dollars according to each center.
Turk Aesthetic (According to each case) is cost approximately 2000 USD.