Gynecomastia Treating is one of the problems that cause embarrassment for men, especially in the summer, when gynecomastia is evident by wearing tight and summer clothes. Is there a solution to this problem and is this solution complicated or simple?
We will explain these details in the following lines
What is Gynecomastia?
- It is an enlargement of the man’s chest that exceeds the normal size due to a hormonal imbalance, and obesity plays a role in the emergence of this problem
- Inflation may be on both sides and is called homogeneous inflation, and inflation may be for one side only, so that the shape appears asymmetric and unequal in the size of the chest.
- As a result of inflation, the chest may appear flabby, and this sagging has different degrees according to each case
- There are cases of tissue enlargement around the nipple only, and cases of fat accumulating on the chest and around the nipple, and each problem has a different procedure.
- Treatment depends on the degree of gynecomastia and the problem itself.
- The patient can follow a prescription medication to reduce the severity of the hormone responsible for gynecomastia, which is estrogen, in addition to exercising sports that help to tighten the body in general and the chest in particular, especially the practice of swimming regularly to help tighten the chest.
- In the event that the aforementioned traditional solutions fail, that is, when the breast is enlarged in the man to a greater degree than just the gathering of tissues around and below the nipple … then surgical intervention is necessary after the doctor examines the problem and the patient approves the surgical solution.
Surgical solution for Gynecomastia
- There are many surgical solutions according to the degree of breast enlargement, and these types are:
- Removing excess breast tissue from the nipples if a lump is present only around the nipple
- Liposuction of excess fat in case of sagging of the chest in cases of obesity
- Tissue removal and liposuction, i.e. both procedures, when there is excess tissue and obesity
During the surgical procedure
- Total anesthesia is given in case the tissue needs to be removed only, but in the case of liposuction only, local anesthesia is considered sufficient.
- In the case of tissue removal, a large incision is made compared to the small incision with liposuction
- The accumulated tissue around the nipple is removed and the incision is closed after that
- Liposuction is done from the chest through the tiny incisions that have been made, then these incisions are closed, which are removed more quickly compared to the incisions for tissue removal, which are relatively large.
After the operation, the doctor will inform you of the details and instructions needed for a faster recovery, and the length of the recovery period is related to the type of procedure itself.
The larger the surgical incision, the longer recovery time required
The doctor recommends taking some painkillers and anti-inflammatories during the recovery
Using a rubber medical corset around the chest in order to keep the chest taut after the procedure
To request the cost of breast gynecomastia treatment from the Turk Aesthetic center, please contact our support team via the link