Beautify exophthalmos eye we will talk about causes of bulging eyes and the surgical and pharmacological solutions to this problem.
Exophthalmos eye reasons
- An overactive thyroid gland with too much thyroxine production leads to several symptoms in the body, the most important of which is exophthalmos eye..
- Defect or tumor in the eye nerve.
Beautify Exophthalmos Eye methods
- There are both surgical and non-surgical options for treating exophthalmos.
- Non-surgical options focus on drugs that treat hyperthyroidism and reset it to return to its normal level of secretion. Unfortunately, these inhibitors are not sufficient, but rather part of the solution..
- The second non-surgical treatment option complements the pharmacological option, which is radiotherapy
- A radiation session is not considered sufficient for treatment, but requires several sessions, approximately 8 sessions less or more, according to each case
- The radiation inhibits the cells responsible for the problem and destroys them to reduce exophthalmos.
Beautify Exophthalmos Eye Surgery
It is considered the most complex option, but it is a radical solution to the problem of protruding eyes
The surgery is based on several steps or stages, including:
- Beautification of the upper and lower eyelids
- Modify the eye muscle responsible for the problem
- Adjusting the bone in the eye compartment, which may be small compared to the size of the eyeball, to put pressure on it, resulting in the problem of exophthalmos.
How is the surgery performed
- The doctor starts from the upper eyelid with an incision aimed at removing the excess skin, then the cosmetic suture under the influence of general anesthesia
- After that, he performs more complex lower eyelid surgery than the upper one also for the same goal, which is to remove the excess fat and skin
- The third step in the operation is to modify the bones of the eye chamber that contains the eyeball and remove the part responsible for the constriction of the chamber
- This is a delicate and complicated step that may take up to 4 hours
- Finally, the doctor performs the surgery of the eye muscle by separating and re-fixing it at a new angle to modify the movement of the eye and improve the final shape of the eyes, which the surgery aims at.
- Certainly, the results do not appear immediately, but need a long period of more than 8 months or less, according to the patient’s commitment to the doctor’s instructions
- It is not recommended to carry out the process for elderly applicants due to the lack of quality results compared to the results of completing the process for young people
- As for the instructions and convalescence, of course, the patient will be informed of them as soon as the operation is completed, we will mention them
- Adherence to anti-inflammatory medications and lubricant eye drops, in addition to the use of moisturizing compresses
- Stay away from cosmetics and creams of all kinds around the eyes and never use contact lenses
- Double vision as a result of altering the position of the eye muscle
- Injury to the optic nerve
- Damage to one of the parts of the eye such as the cornea, for example
The cost of Beautify Exophthalmos Eye
The cost considered high due to the complexity of the operation in the first place
the health insurance may cover part of this cost because it’s classified as a functional or therapeutic procedure not cosmetic.
We warn again to not tempted into low prices to accomplish cosmetic operations in general and therapeutic in particular,
and to ask about the most efficient and skilled doctor, because it is a delicate and complex process.
The cost starts from 5,000 dollars in Turkey to 8,000 dollars, according to the medical center.