Eyebrow transplant or eyebrow restoration is one of the most challenging cosmetic surgeries for hair transplant specialists.
When performed by an experienced medical team in the field of cosmetics, you will get a stunning and natural result.
FUE (Follicular unit extraction) or DHI (direct hair implantation) with Choi pens are the most important techniques.
If you are thinking about undergoing eyebrow transplant there are many important things to consider:
- The number of hair grafts.
- The density of the new eyebrow hair.
- Determine the growth direction of hair grafts accurately.
- Drawing the eyebrow shape symmetrically to provide a natural look and to be in accordance with the rest of the facial features.
Frequently asked questions about eyebrow transplant procedure in Turkey
- Who are the right candidates for the operation?
- How is Eyebrow Transplant done in Turkey?
- How long does the eyebrow transplant proses take?
- What are the side effects of the operation?
- How much does eyebrow transplant cost in Turkey?
- What instructions should I follow after eyebrow transplant?
- How will my eyebrows look like during the recovery period?
- When can I return to work and my daily life activity?
Who are the right candidates
Every person man or a woman who has the following
conditions is capable of undergoing the operation:
- Adult people, over 18 years of age.
- People who do not have infectious or chronic diseases.
- Do not have skin problems or diseases.
- Have (low density) in the eyebrow hair.
- In case of incomplete eyebrows shape as a result of (injury or burning) or an accident.
- Have a dense and strong donor area.
One of the best aspects of eyebrow transplant is that the action to be taken is fairly obvious. Depending on how much the patient case needs whether it is a small area to cover, a scar or to restore densely the entire eyebrows,
50 to 350 grafts can be transplanted into each eyebrow, knowing that each graft contains 1, 2, 3, or 4 hair roots.
Eyebrow transplant steps
- Sterilization and Local anaesthesia in the donor area.
- The medical staff shaves a small rectangular section of the donor area in the back of the head.
- Extract enough grafts to cover the eyebrows hairless areas or condense the thin areas of the eyebrows.
- Draw the recipient area lines in a symmetrical way and in accordance with the facial features, providing a natural and ideal shape
- Then the channels are opened after applying the local anaesthesia to the recipient area, taking into account the hair growth direction during this step.
- The grafts are inserted in the previously opened channels one by one manually using special medical implanter tweezers.
How long does operation take
The eyebrow transplant takes from 1 to 3 hours and it depends on several reasons, including:
- The number of hair grafts that the recipient area (eyebrow) need.
- The size of the recipient area.
- The technique used in the process.
- The required density
Each procedure has some side effects, Eyebrow Transplant procedure is also accompanied by some of the following side effects:
- A slight redness in the eyebrow area after the operation, which lasts for a few days.
- Tiny white bumps are formed as a result of transplanted grafts, which disappear within a few days.
- Traces of dried blood.
- Temporary swelling in the eyebrow area.
Eyebrow transplant Cost
The cost of eyebrow transplant is according to several factors including:
- The number of the extracted hair grafts.
- The size of the recipient area.
- The required density.
- The technique used in taking the grafts from the donor area has a main role in fixing the operation price.
After eyebrows transplant instructions
The patient commitment to the doctor’s instructions is the main factor in getting the wanted results and in the operation success.
The medical staff experience and performance is not important as much as the operation after-care is, if you did not follow the instructions and took care of the transplanted area accurately you will not get the desired results.
The eyebrow transplant after-care instructions in general are:
- Avoid direct contact with the implanted area (touching).
- Refrain from using cosmetics in the transplanted area.
- Decrease as much as possible smoking, coffee, soft drinks, and exposure to sunlight.
- Do not take blood thinning medications (aspirin, warfarin etc.) and alcoholic drinks for at least a week.
- Be careful while changing clothes and avoid hitting the head while riding the car or working.
- Commit to the special method of washing the transplanted eyebrows for ten days.
- Stay away from hard workout after the operation for a month.
Eyebrows shape after the operation
After eyebrow transplant, it is normal to notice temporary redness in the area around the eyebrows and the donor area in the back of the head, which lasts for a few days.
Tiny bumps of dried blood appear as a result of the channels opening process that automatically, which disappear after scalp peeling of the transplanted area.
Recovery period and returning to daily activity
Eyebrow transplant does not require a long recovery period. Once the procedure is complete, you can return to normal life and go back to your daily activities, following the instructions that were given by the medical team.