Dental bridge is a treatment used to cover and mend a gap created by one or more missing teeth. Usually need 2 visits an 6 days.
- A dental bridge consists of two or more connected teeth crowns that extend along both sides of the gap (the teeth on either side of the missing teeth called the supporting teeth, and the teeth that are between the supporting teeth called the false teeth).
- The teeth that form the bridge can be made of gold, metal mixtures or porcelain, or a combination of these materials.
- Dental bridges are supported by natural teeth or by dental implants
- It is one of the most famous treatment in the field of dental prostheses and cosmetic dentistry in the world in general and especially in Turkey and had a great success in this year (2016).
Dental Bridge Video
- It is used to correct a tooth defect such as teeth brittleness or to fill a gap arising as a result of a tooth extraction.
- Teeth loss affects primarily a person’s appearance, and also affects his smile.
- It causes many problems including affecting the way you speak and chew food. And enhance problems in the teeth that are on the sides due to the gap caused by the loss of one or more teeth.
- Dentists recommend dental bridge treatment to fill the gap in the teeth, improve the overall appearance and improve its vital functions and prevent further damage.
Dental Bridge Advantages
There are many uses and advantages of dental Bridge, it helps you:
- Restore your distinctive smile
- Restore the ability to chew food in a healthy and a good way.
- Speak properly and clearly.
- Maintain your natural face look especially the cheeks or mouth
- Distribute jaw force when biting in a right way by replacing lost teeth
- protect remaining teeth from decay and weakness
Dental Bridges Types
- Permanent ceramic.
- Metal in ceramic shape.
- Full metal.
The dentist will choose one of these types after considering the quality of the teeth adjacent to the missing teeth as well as the shape and place of the gap.
Dental bridge installation
Bridges are installed according to the following steps:
- Installation requires at least two dental visits to get the desired result, to adjust and fix correctly.
- In the first visit the doctor will work on the supporting teeth to carve and shape it in a way, which allows the bridge or the new crowns to be installed on the supporting teeth firmly.
- Then a photo or a print of the missing teeth shape and size will be taken to design the bridge in the laboratory.
- The doctor will place a temporary bridge to protect the teeth and gums in the treated area.
- On the next visit, the bridges will be ready, where the dentist will remove the temporary bridge, install and fix the dental bridge in its proper place permanently.
How long It can last?
Dental bridges can last from 5 to 15 years and even more. With daily oral care and regular visits, it is usual for dental bridge to last over 10 years.
Dental bridge cost in Turkey
The cost or price of a dental bridge is varies depending on the chosen type and the country where the procedure is performed. In some countries, health insurance companies cover a certain percentage of dental bridge costs.
Because of so many visits, and the high prices of the used raw materials, you may be a little shocked by the cost of dental bridges. But the cost in Turkey is one of the most suitable prices for patients coming wheather from inside Turkey or abroad, which is why Turkey is an important destination for medical tourism for many people from all over the world.
The cost depends on the used materials quality, the number of teeth and the number of sessions required.