Collagen and treatment by it has recently spread to get rid of many problems without the need to resort to surgeries. What is it and its uses?
Turk Aesthetic talks about this subject with the following lines.
What is collagen injection
- A non-surgical procedure that takes place within a few minutes and is similar to the injection of Filler in principle, as it fills in the spaces of the face to get rid of wrinkles and restore the freshness of the skin.
- Its results last for about a year, which requires repeated procedures to maintain permanent results.
- It is a protein complex found in the human body and is an important factor for the freshness of the skin, which necessitates the necessity of extracting it from the animal as well to include in the composition of medical and cosmetic preparations used for skin care.
The problems that collagen treats
- Face wrinkles.
- Dark circles in the eye.
- Inflated lips.
- Blowing cheeks.
- Simple nose deviation.
- Scar removal.
Despite proving its effectiveness and its impact on all areas of the body, it is preferred to use it in treating the facial area and solving skin problems because of the receding and narrowing of the area required to be treated compared to the chest or buttocks that require a large amount of collagen.
- Its types differ according to the source. There is animal collagen extracted from the skin of cows, and it is the least expensive compared to humans, but it is defective because it may cause sensitivity to the body.
- The second type is human and is divided into three categories.
- Autology is extracted from the skin of the patient’s own body to be treated and injected again into the area to be treated.
- Isologin is extracted from the back of the patient’s ear and is considered more expensive.
- Dermalogen is extracted from the body of another human being, not the patient himself, and sometimes it is extracted from the bodies of people who have died recently.
- Human collagen types are characterized by the fact that there is no need to take an allergy test before use.
- Also, its results last longer than those of the animal species.
- The human species is defective in its high cost.
Collagen injection method
- The procedure takes about thirty minutes to an hour.
- The doctor begins by drawing the places where the injection will take place on the face and there is no need for anesthesia.
- Cold injections or topical creams are used during the injection to reduce tingling.
- The medical center can be left immediately after the session is completed without the need for overnight stays or even waiting for a period at the center.
The side effects
- Swelling and redness.
- Mild pain that resolves after a short period or using painkillers.
- Bruises can be overcome with cold compresses and ice.
- Infection, a low probability overcome with NSAIDs.
- Allergy, especially if animal collagen is used. An allergy test can be performed before injection to avoid its occurrence.
- Lumps that collect in the face as a result of the doctor’s lack of experience.
- Subcutaneous bleeding as a result of a doctor’s error.
- The abscess of the injection site, which usually occurs with people with diabetes, can be avoided by informing the doctor about the patient’s medical history in advance.
Of course, these risks are rare and expected to occur if the person performing the procedure is not a specialist
Collagen injection treatment results
The results appear quickly after the effect of the skin and the skin, so that the patient notices the difference after about a week, especially after the disappearance of redness and swelling.
Doctors recommend that patients not be exposed to excessive sunlight after injection, and that cosmetics should be avoided.
The cost of collagen injections in Turkey
The cost varies according to the type. The name of the doctor and the medical center plays a role in determining the cost as well.
Animal collagen is the cheapest cost, ranging from $ 200 to $ 500 per session.
As for the human, session prices start from $ 500 to reach $ 1,500.