Buttock Augmentation (BBL) Buttock Enhancement or Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery many concepts for the same process that women seek to improve their physical appearance.
A buttock lift is a suitable option for those who want a more visible change in the appearance of the buttocks and body.
In this article, Turk Aesthetic will talk about the buttock augmentation procedure, reasons and types.
What is buttock augmentation (BBL) surgery?
Buttock augmentation surgery, which is also called as buttock fat transfer or (Brazilian butt augmentation) is so popular that it has become from being a relatively obscure procedure to one of the best common plastic surgery options.
Reasons for a buttock augmentation (BBL) surgery
- Improve or adjust the size of the buttocks.
- Lower butt lift.
- Cellulite reduction.
- The clothes will look more fit.
- Modify body proportions and measurements.
- Greater confidence in physical appearance
Types of buttock augmentation (Brazilian butt lift)
There are two types of butt augmentation surgeries:
1- Buttock augmentation with silicone
These are silicone fillers made of silicone shell filled with silicone gel, which is a viscous transparent liquid.
This procedure is done for the small buttocks or those that suffer from poor fatty tissue. This process is done by making a small incision over the muscles and then filling them with silicone pads in this area and enlarging them, to add a more attractive appearance to the buttocks
2- Autologous fat injection
It is a process in which the buttocks are enlarged by injecting the fat that is extracted from the person himself from some flabby areas of the body and transferred to the buttocks and this method is completely safe because it uses the fat of the same body in which the surgery is performed.
During the process of fat injection, a large amount of fat is injected, as a proportion of the injected fat may melt, and thus the remaining percentage is sufficient to give the right prominence and texture to the buttocks.
Prepare for BBL operation
- Before starting the buttock augmentation process, approximately one to two weeks, the patient is prevented from using aspirin or any type of vitamins if he takes them.
- Stop smoking and alcohol a few days before the operation.
- Approximately 12 hours before starting the operation, the patient must completely abstain from food and drink.
- In the event that the patient has any kind of sensitivity, he must inform the anesthesiologist about this.
- After the completion of the surgery, the patient should stay in the hospital for a day or two.
- The patient should not move the body more than necessary while gradually starting movement after 3 days.
- Within two weeks of the operation, the patient must sit on a soft seat.
- It is possible for the buttocks to become swollen about one to two months after the operation and then the symptoms will gradually improve.
- The shape of your buttocks will completely stabilize around 4 months after the procedure.
- The patient must adhere to the appointments set by the doctor for review.
The recovery period
- The recovery phase depends on your surgery and your body’s recovery process, but most patients can return to work after a week if their work does not involve much sitting. The patient may need a period of 3 weeks if the work is office.
- Sometimes the recovery phase may take a relatively longer period, but most patients can return to their activities within 4 to 8 weeks.
- But the patient must remember that even after returning to work, the recovery phase will not be fully completed yet, in fact it may take between 3 to 4 months for the final results to appear.
- (Brazilian butt lift) is the same as any surgery with regard to the associated risks that you are aware of. But the risks associated with this operation are greatly reduced, as this operation is considered the safest of other buttock augmentation surgeries.
- Risks include infection, permanent numbness in that area, and irregularities in the boundaries of the buttocks.
- Fat embolism is one of the risks of a rare operation.